Notification of change in land use

What is this form used for?

The Land Tax Act 2000 requires the owner of land to advise the Commissioner of State Revenue if land ceases to be their principal residence land, primary production land or exempt land. Notification must be made in writing within 30 days of the change. Use this form where there has been a change in land use that applies to the whole of the property.

NOTE: if you wish to apply for a property to be classified as principal residence land, please click here.

Can I save my partially completed application and finish it later?

The online application will typically take 5 or so minutes to complete. The form can’t be saved, closed and returned to at a later time. However, if you keep a partially completed form open on-screen, you can come back to finish it anytime later in the same session.

What information will I need to complete this form?

All Applicants
The land tax account number shown on the top right hand corner of the front of the notice of assessment. If you don't have a land tax account number for the property, before attempting to fill in this form please contact the State Revenue Office, as shown below.

I want to apply for multiple properties

Complete a separate application for each property.

How do I attach a document if required for my application?

Scan and save the supporting document to your computer, and upload it when prompted in the application. If there is a problem, please contact the State Revenue Office - see details below.

Contacting the State Revenue Office

Telephone: (03) 6166 4400, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm

The land tax account details